Literary Quiz at BITS Hyderabad
After a real long time, I happened to conduct a quiz in Hyderabad. This time, it was a literary quiz. It was fun being back to asking questions. Also impressed with the quality of quizzing in BITS Hyderabad.
Here are a few questions from the quiz. Have fun!
- Which book begins with the lines “What is found here may be found elsewhere. What is not found here will not be found elsewhere.”?
- A poem with 14 lines is called a _____.
- “Mr. and Mrs. Dursley, of number four, Privet Drive, were proud to say that they were perfectly normal, thank you very much” are the opening lines of which book?
- “French is the language that turns dirt into _________” - Stephen King. Fill in the blank.
- STEEL TRUE | BLADE STRAIGHT | __________________________ | KNIGHT | PATRIOT, PHYSICIAN & MAN OF LETTERS. Whose epitaph?
- To say 'I love you' one must know first how to say the ________ - Ayn Rand. Fill in the blank
- Born in 1856 at Dublin, he was known for his satire and black comedy. He famously said, “My way of joking is to tell the truth. It's the funniest joke in the world”. In 1895, he co-founded the London School of Economics. Identify.
- Which book was earlier meant to be titled “The Personal History, Adventures, Experience and Observation of __________________, the Younger of Blunderstone Rookery (Which He Never Meant to Publish on Any Account).
- Which book, after it was adapted into a movie, surpassed the sales of 'Gone with the wind' in 1959 and also holds the distinction of being the first book blessed by Pope Leo XIII?
- This novel's 7-Oscar winning movie version was filmed in Sri Lanka. The author of the novel also wrote 'Planet of the Apes'. Name the book/movie.
- The title of this book by Stephen King was inspired by a line from the John Lennon song 'Instant Karma!'. Three years later, it was adapted into a movie and went on to become one of the greatest movies in its genre. Identify the movie.
- In 1907, John Henry Patterson oversaw the construction of a bridge in what would become Kenya. Based on his experiences, he wrote a book, 'The Man-eaters of Tsavo'. The movie adaptation is called _________
- Which book, later made into a movie begins with a series of incidents involving strange attacks in Costa Rica and Isla Nublar and also features a fictional company InGen Inc.
- Identify the person on the left.
15. What is the claim to fame of this person.
16. Identify this.
I will post the answers in a week. You may leave them as comments here.